During a digital asset management (DAM) demo, a little planning beforehand can go a long way to make sure your time during a demo is used effectively. And a productive DAM demo is all about asking the right questions. After all, you want to make sure your DAM is a perfect fit for the needs of your team.
To request a Bynder DAM demo, click here.
To help you make the most of your DAM demo, we’ve offered some example questions below to give you some ideas, grouped into general topic areas.
Searching and organizing digital assets
Being able to find the right file quickly is one of the key features of a DAM, and no doubt it’s something you and your team are going to be doing on a daily basis. So it’s important to make sure you pick a DAM that can find the files you need at lightning speeds.
- How long on average does it take to find any given digital asset?
- What are the advantages of a filter-based file structure compared to a folder-based file structure?
- As an administrator, how easy is it to create and customize the taxonomy?
- Can I find and transfer my assets to the DAM from other systems? (e.g. CMS, PIM, Adobe, Social media, chat apps, etc.)
- Is the DAM integration-friendly? If so, what are the current tech tools that are integrated with the DAM system?
A DAM system is only as good as the people who use it. Regardless of how many flashy features it has, if the system isn’t easy to use, then it’ll be hard to get your team using it on a daily basis. So be sure to gain a good understanding and feeling of how the DAM works.
- Does the DAM have a way to auto-tag assets, so it doesn’t need to be done manually upon ingest?
- How does versioning work?
- Will I be notified when a new version replaces an existing asset version?
- Can the system create different versions of an asset for me? How much can I customise these different versions?
- What file types can be previewed without needing to download it?
- How does a DAM help your clients repurpose their work and share best practices?
- How do I ensure only approved assets are stored in the DAM?
- Is it possible for external parties to upload files to the DAM?
- How does your company provide training for using a DAM? What typical job roles would need this training?
Having anytime, anywhere access to your digital files is essential for any respectable DAM, but it’s important to know how consistent and reliable the DAM really is in achieving this.
How do you guarantee global availability of digital assets with reliability and speed?
Which Content Delivery Networks do you utilize?
These days, a good DAM should be the nucleus of a wider digital ecosystem, integrated with the tech tools you use every day. This helps you get your content out there faster, while saving you the manual work of having to upload and download your files all the time. So bottom line: the more integrations offered by a DAM, the better.
- Which of the integrations that you offer are the most popular?
- Can we build custom integrations using your API?
- Do you have Software Development Kits?
Remember that a DAM will be used by a variety of colleagues, some using the DAM more than others, so inevitably they will need different access rights depending on their job role. So it’s good to think about how much flexibility the DAM platform has in customizing user profiles to fit the needs of your team.
- How many user groups can I have?
- What are the type of user profiles you offer, and what rights do they have?
- Can I restrict certain users groups from accessing certain types of content?
- How much can I restrict the usage rights of certain user groups?
- Is it possible to give someone who isn’t a licensed user access to my portal? (i.e. sharing files)
State-of-the-art security should always be a top priority when it comes to a DAM. After all, it will be the home for all your company content, so you need to have that peace of mind in knowing your data is in safe hands. So don’t be afraid to delve into the nitty-gritty of the exact security measures and certification offered by the DAM solution.
- Could you please give a brief explanation of your Standard Level Agreement?
- What security measures/certificates do you have? (e.g. ISO certification)
- Where are your servers located?
- Can I choose which servers I want my data to be hosted on?
- Can we connect with our Active Directory? Can tasks be automated in this way (e.g. when an employee leaves the company)?
- Will my digital assets be backed up, and if so, how often?
- Do you have a dedicated security team available for support?
Sign up to a digital asset management demo with Bynder
If you want to know whether Bynder would be a great fit for your team, request a Bynder DAM demo here and one of our DAM experts will be sure to reach out to you as soon as possible.